Friday, November 11, 2011

Review Of Become A Blogging Ninja: Triple Your Traffic With Social Media

Recently, I was given the opportunity to review a new e-book on how to increase blog traffic through social media.

Now, I'm pretty well versed in facebook, but that's about as far as my expertise goes!  I have a twitter, but I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to all of that, so I was happy to have a chance to absorb any tips this book may contain.

I truly enjoyed not only the content, but also the humorous style that it was written in.  Most books of this genre, while I know I should read more of them, tend to bore me to tears.  However, I went through the entire 100 pages of this book (set up like powerpoint slides) in about an hour, and found myself chuckling on nearly every page.

The book gave great screen shot visuals to point out exactly what it was talking about along the way, which was great for me.  I do catch on quickly, but pictures help. ;)

It went through, not in great boring details, but in short simple steps, many things that you need to know to get the most out of several social media platforms, such as facebook, twitter, and stumbleupon (which I have been meaning to try out, but had no clue where to begin!).  It also shared a few other websites that were totally new to me, and I'm especially intrigued by the ones that are said to tell you the times of day when your followers are most active.

I know that as the technology and the websites change, some of the information in this book, just like in any book of this nature, will naturally become obsolete, but in the blogging world you just have to do your best to stay up with things because change is constant.

I did learn several tips that I hope to soon put into practice growing both my main blog, Saving Myself Silly, and this new infant blog that I've just started up.  I even jotted down some notes along the way.

If you'd like to check this book out, here's the link to it.  Now, I'm not going to lie...and if you follow my other blog I'm sure you won't be surprised...but I would likely never pay that much for a book.  The price is a bit steep for my frugal self.  Yes, it would be a helpful investment in your blog, and yes like the beginning of the book clearly states, you could spend a lot of your own valuable time googling for this information, and perhaps still come up short.

I'm not going to tell you it's not a good deal.  It was a very helpful and enjoyable read that gave me a few new things to think about implementing, and those things will also take up some time.  So give it some thought and decide if it's worth it to you in your financial situation.  I can only answer that question for me, but of course you know, I like to read for FREE. ;)



Disclosure:  I was not compensated for this post in any way expect with a free copy of this e-book.  All opinions stated above are my own.  I found this review opportunity through Business2Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment